Goals of the PAB
1) Give voice to individuals living with type 2 diabetes
2) Listen and learn from all of our members’ experiences
3) Use that knowledge to make more informed decisions in diabetes clinical care
Group Code of Conduct
As a member of the MCT2D, Patient Advisory Board I agree to the following:
1) The ‘golden’ rule: I will treat all Board Members with the same respect and courtesy that I expect in return.
2) Constructive not destructive: I will use my past experiences to inform my constructive feedback, rather than simply to vent or criticize.
3) Step up, step back: If I’ve asked a question or shared a comment, I will ensure that new voices are heard before I contribute again.
4) To listen and let others have their say: I will not butt in or attack another comment, even when I strongly disagree.
5) To be there: I will actively engage in the group conversation, willing to put myself out there when the time is right.
6) Confidentiality: I will treat the meetings as confidential and not repeat any of the conversations or topics discussed outside of the meetings.
7) Practice self-care: If I need to get up or take a break, I will do so.
8) Commit to participation: I will commit to at least one year of service on the advisory board.
9) Attend meetings: I will make every attempt to attend meetings during my term.
10) Raise concerns with the MCT2D team first: I will bring any questions or concerns regarding MCT2D or the Patient Advisory Board directly to the MCT2D coordinating team so that they can address them, prior to any public dissemination.