THE MICHIGAN COLLABORATIVE FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES
Shifting the paradigm of type 2 diabetes care through dissemination of best practices and partnering to remove barriers to care.
PO Monthly Digest Feb 2024
- February 12th (11am) and February 14th (2pm): Monthly PO Calls
- February 12th (12pm): First learning community event of 2024: Referral to Specialists. Dr. Mike Heung (nephrologist) and Dr. Jenny Iyengar (endocrinologist) Zoom Link
QI Focus Meetings
- February 15th: CGM, 11am-12pm
- February 20th: Medications, 2pm-3pm
- February 23rd: Low Carbohydrate Diet, 11am-12pm
Spring Regional Meetings
- Regional meeting registration will open the first week of February.
- Reminder: Your PO scorecard ensuring registration by your clinical champions three weeks prior to their meeting date is associated with 10 points. The first regional meeting takes place in Livonia on April 9th.
- You will be able to nominate eligible PCP practices in the administrative portal later this month.
- Reminder: MCT2D is able to bring on 75 additional primary care practices. If we receive more nominees than that we will use the criteria shared in the January PO monthly call to determine how to prioritize onboarding.
- Recruitment will be open through April 19th, 2024.
- MCT2D is planning on hosting a practice level introduction to MCT2D. We would encourage you to share the link to register with any sites that may be considering joining. We will also discuss other recruitment resources at the upcoming February PO calls.
REMINDERS & FYI
- In January, we distributed a list with contact information for other PO leadership working on the same QI focus initaitive. Please feel free to reach out to others to discuss their process changes or if you think you can share something helpful with them.
- Quarterly data reports were distributed to each PO on January 19th.
- The next MCT2D dashboard refresh will take place on 2/6/2024 and will have paid clinical and claims data through 11/30/2023.
Access content for MCT2D members including events, requirements, forms, and more.VISIT NOW
Guide for Starting Patients on a Low Carb Lifestyle
A green, yellow, and red light system for adjusting diabetes medications like GLP-1 RAs, DPP-4i's, basal and bolus insulin, and sulfonylureas and monitoring blood glucose and adapting nutrition goals while adopting a low carb lifestyle.DOWNLOAD
FIND MORE POINT OF CARE TOOLS
Innovative projects addressing type 2 diabetes care in support of MCT2D initiatives.
The Low Carb JUMPSTART
Introducing JUMPSTART, a one-stop interactive learning portal for patients who are low carb curious or who are seeking a starting point for diabetes-friendly nutritional information.READ MORE
Innovative projects addressing type 2 diabetes care in support of MCT2D initiatives.VISIT NOW
Meet Frankie, MCT2D patient advisor
Meet Frankie, MCT2D patient advisor Frankie, who started on a lower carb lifestyle with the support of his doctor in September 2021. He's since lost 120 pounds and no longer takes insulin.
“If I could’ve had this information as a young man, my whole life would’ve been different.”